- What time do you open?
Usual office hours are 9am-6pm but we can take and carry out bookings 24/7.
- How do I book a delivery?
- Do I need to have an account to book a delivery?
No if payment is taken at time of booking.
- How long will a delivery take?
Domestic deliveries can be delivered the same day or overnight depending on what service you choose.
International deliveries vary depending on when it is booked and where it is being delivered.
Please call us on 01634 294594 to find out the quickest & safest way of getting your package to its destination.
- What payment methods do you accept?
We accept card payment over phone or in person, Bank Transfer, BACs and cheques.
- How much will it cost?
- Do you offer same day delivery?
- Can I track my goods?
We can contact you directly if you are using a same day service to say your consignment has been delivered.
- What type of goods do you deliver?
Pretty much anything! We have a range of vehicles to courier small, large or unusual items. Please contact us on 01634 294594 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your requirements.
- Where do you deliver?
Anywhere in the world! We are part of the international worldwide network so can fulfil both domestic and international consignments.
- Do you offer regular consignments?
Yes. We are happy to discuss any long-term and regular delivery requirements you may have. Please call us on 01634 294594
- Can you provide warehousing and distribution?
Yes. We can offer short or long-term agreements on storing and delivering your items. Please call us on 01364 294594 to discuss any warehousing and distribution queries.
- Where are you based?
Medway City Estate (but we deliver worldwide!)
- Are you a member of the NCDA?
- What size vehicle do I require?
This depends on the items(s) you are delivering. We have range of vehicles from regular transit vans up to 18 tonne lorries (all with tail-lifts) so can accomodate most items. Please call us to discuss on 01634 294 594
- Is there a weight limit?
We have a range of vehicles to suit different weight of items.
- What methods of transport do you use?
We operate a range of vehicles including extra-long wheel based panel vans, Luton vans, 7.5 tonne and 18 tonne lorries (all with tail-lifts) and curtain-sider pallet trucks.
- Can I open an account?
- How do I open an account?
- Are there any account fees?
- Are goods insured?
Yes we carry goods-in-transit insurance up to £25,000.
- What other services do you offer?
We are committed to tailoring our services to provide suitable solutions for all our customers. Please call us on 01634 294594 to discuss you requirements.
- What additional measures can you take to send a parcel safely?
Here we list some further measures to increase the safety of sending a parcel. Please speak to a DASH member of staff to answer any further questions you may have.
- Valuable items should be insured. Some items may not be insurable; money, jewellery, glass, etc (please speak to a member of our team for more details).
- To significantly reduce potential damage; items should be packed in their original packaging. In some cases, extra packaging may be necessary.
- Lids on boxes should be securely taped closed.
- Documents should be in secure envelopes.
- Please make sure that all items have a full contact name, complete address, and telephone number on them. Please Note: P.O. Box numbers are for the Post Office and do not constitute a full address.
- Items are routed by postcode, so please make sure that this is complete and accurate.
- Address labels do not always stick firmly to rough or textured surfaces. Please use baggage labels if you are in doubt. Examples of these types of items are suitcases, holdalls, conference kits and briefcases.
- What is the difference between our Same Day Courier Service and the Overnight Next Day Parcel Service?
It is important to note this applies to any overnight carrier, not just Merit Couriers.
Same Day Courier – a vehicle is booked to collect a parcel from one destination and deliver them to another.
Most reliable service as it is the same driver who collects and delivers the parcel. If the parcel is potentially valuable (e.g. tender documents) or invaluable (e.g. legal documents) it may prove safer to use this service.
We know where your parcel is AT ALL TIMES because our vehicles are tracked by satellite.
This dedicated service is paid by the mile or by the hour. The greater the distance or the larger the vehicles, the higher the cost.
Overnight Next Day Parcel Service – a customer requests a parcel to be delivered before a certain time the following day.
This consolidated service means your parcel will travel with other parcels and will change hands many times before it reaches its destination. Nonetheless this service still has a proven track record with 99% of parcels delivered safely on time.
This service is charged by the weight of the parcel and time of delivery (not the distance travelled). The earlier the delivery time requested and the greater the weight, the higher the cost. If a parcel has a local destination or if it is a very heavy/bulky consignment it may be cheaper to use our Same Day Courier service.
Whilst the parcel can be tracked, we cannot be in contact with your parcel at all times. You can track your parcel which is an advantage as it means your parcel will be scanned on route. However, this will only show where the parcel was last scanned, not where it is now.
Maximum weight of any individual items is 25 kilos.
Parcels may be mechanically sorted and therefore please do not attach a smaller item to a larger one. It is better to send two separate parcels.
Freight is transported by road and therefore may be adversely affected by weather or traffic conditions.
International Services are managed in the same way to overnights, but the deliveries are made outside the UK. Similar consideration should be taken when booking an International as when booking an overnight.
In a nutshell…
The perception is that an overnight service would be cheaper than a same day service and this is not always true. It is important to consider the value, the weight, and the distance the parcel needs to travel.
Whilst it does appear the risk is greater for an overnight next day parcel service, it is still a relatively safe and cost-effective way of sending your parcel.