Warehousing & Distribution
Merits have an impressive 200,000 square foot of secure warehousing space allowing us to fulfil both standalone storage agreements or as part of a large-scale installation or relocation project. Our premises are equipped with secure entry and exit gates and we are fully protected 24/7 by a 64 camera CCTV and alarm system. We are fully insured for items stored in our warehouse and containers as well as goods in transit.
Short/Long Term Storage Agreements
We are committed to providing our customers with a bespoke storage solution. Examples include but are not limited to:
- Furniture brought into the UK that require storing whilst awaiting distribution. Our range of vehicles (from small panel vans to HGV’s) can then assist with any related distribution requirements.
- Items purchased by Dealer’s that await installation. Our huge team of experienced fitters can complete the necessary installation project when required.
- As part of our ‘Mock-Up’ service whereby furniture is delivered, assembled and presented then dissembled and returned to our secure warehouse for storage until it is next required.
- During relocation projects, all items including office furniture, filing and IT equipment can be stored safely and accordingly. This may be in the short term whilst new offices/buildings are being prepared or on a long-term basis until the client should require the items in the future. Unwanted items can be taken care of using our Recycling and Reuse service.
- Standalone warehouses dedicated in their entirety for a specific client for their ongoing storage requirements.
We are proud of our strong management team, our experienced administrative support and our trained warehouse operatives. We are committed to driving quality standards throughout the logistical process.
Subsequently, we utilise a web-based system - the Merit Management System (MMS). This allows our operations team to efficiently manage and document every aspect of a job’s life-cycle. Clients can access this portal via a remote login to view all their stock, order history and status.
Lifting & Handling
We operate a range of lifting and handling equipment including forklift trucks, pallet trucks, trolleys, stair climbers and furniture hoists.
This equipment is fully maintained and only operated by trained and certificated warehouse operatives. Health and safety is of critical importance to Merit and operational personnel are provided with uniforms and protective equipment (PPE) which they must wear at all times.
Merit operate a fleet of over 40 vehicles comprising of 18 ton and 7.5 tom trucks, 3.5 ton Luton trucks, Long-wheeled based Sprinter vans, Medium vans and Crew buses. Each vehicle is fitted with GPS tracking allowing our operations team to track precisely where they are positioned, where they have been and predict where they can go within tacho regulations.
Our membership with FORS Silver illustrates our continued commitment to measure, monitor and improve vehicle safety, fuel efficiency and vehicle emissions. We manage our operations so that vehicle failure is kept to an absolute minimum. We constantly review our fleet and currently over 75% of our fleet is less than 3 years old.
The team were brilliant - manoeuvred into a tight spot and were super helpful. Thanks for all your help with this delivery!